Old age.... SUCKS!



You know as I sit here looking at my "baby" Neon I have decided that getting old for a dog really sucks! I knew that at some point in my life it would come to this day when he would start having a hard time getting around but I always thought naa that will not happen to my dog at least not for a long, long, long time! Well we are here... Wayne and I came home Saturday night to find Neon laying on the floor unable to get up. He gave it his all but his legs just didn't seem to want to do what his brain was telling them to do. After a short time we felt we needed to take him into the emergency vet because he was struggling so bad. Of course with it not even being 2 months since Kota passed away I was very upset and crying thinking this is it we are going to have to put him down... Long story short the vet ran a ton of tests and she could not figure out what was going on. She came back in to see us about a hour or so later and told us that we own a "miracle" dog because Neon was up walking around as if nothing ever happened! So we finally left 4 1/2 hours later feeling happy because he was better.... well our happiness was short lived... Neon is back to having difficulty walking, each one of his legs seems to want to go a different direction so he ends up just falling over. (Picture a very intoxicated person trying to walk a line and constantly loosing their balance and that is kinda what he looks like) I have decided to start bringing him into work with me every day so that I can spend as much time with him as I can. He is such a sweet baby boy, he just lays by my office door sleeping and will lift his head every now and then to tell me he needs to go out and that is when we strap on his...... Bright Neon Green life jacket! I figured this is the best way to help him balance because there is a handle for me to support him and he can still have the feeling that he is doing it on his own ( I think he feels like he is in service again!) :) So this will be how we do things until they get worse but for now I am just happy that I can be around him and help him!! I pray that God heals him and gives me several more years with this wonderful animal!!

Comments

Ashley said…
He is such a beautiful boy!

Popular posts from this blog

.......Shake N Bake........

Ultrasound Photo Updates

Almost a week...