Ride along

Ok, this will probably sound a little strange but I was so excited yesterday when I got to go on a ride along with Wayne's station! I had stopped by to bring the guys some ice cream to cool their day down and was told Wayne and his partner Brad were out on a call, so I hung out for a few minutes talking with his Capt. The tones rang out for the engine to join in on the call Wayne was at so his Capt. asked if I would like to ride along so of course I said heck yea!! It was a little funny because I had just been talking with my friend Jen (Brad's fiance) earlier in the afternoon about wanting to go on a ride along and low and behold I got my wish! :) Anyway I found out as we were in route that they were going to be bringing in a helicopter so that was another treat to see! It is just amazing to me to sit and observe the guys in action and see what they deal with on a day to day basis. I really do have huge respect for what these guys do to help people!! Here are a few pictures that Dooley took with my cell phone as I was required to stay in the truck (which I did not have a problem with considering it was 116 out!)


Brad in action


Sitting backwards on the engine



The helicopter coming in for a landing

Comments

SO cool Shawna! Although, you look terrified in the second shot there - LOL! =)
Cool story!

The answer to your question about the yawning is that you are RIGHT! If the dog yawns when given a command, that is him disagreeing with your authority. It could be as simple as just procrastinating (which is saying, okay, I'll obey, but on my terms) or it could be a snub saying that he doesn't recognize your husbands authority at all. Either way, either your dog considers you the alpha, or herself! :)

Over-caffeinated Mama
Alissa Mott said…
That is so funny that your husband and Brad are partners at work, what a small world since we are childhood friends of Brad! :) And..you know that Jordan has been testing to be a firefighter for a few years now...so, this post kinda makes me jealous! Someday I hope!!!!
Ron said…
Very Cool. Did Peggy ever tell you that we have known Brad and his family since he was just a young kid? I have some pictures from way back when our family and his used to visit Arizona (some on Facebook in fact). When you see him again please tell him I say hello.

Popular posts from this blog

.......Shake N Bake........

Ultrasound Photo Updates

Almost a week...