Horsing around

So two weekends ago I got to go on a horseback riding / camping trip with my best friend Ann!  I was so excited to go!!! The group of women we joined have been doing this for 22 years! The last 3 years I have been unable to make it and wanted to make sure to join this year.  We came home late Thurday night from our CA trip so I could get up bright and early Friday morning to head out.  As soon as we got to Prescott it started pouring!  We didn't mind until we got closer to camp.  You see the road we were going on turned to a dirt road about 20 miles from camp... when dirt gets rained on it gets muddy... when you are pulling a horse trailer with a 2 wheel drive on very steep dirt muddy road and you have to stop behind 3 other vehicles you have a tendancy to start slidding backwards and you get umm shall we say STUCK!  Oh gosh what a beginning to our fun filled girls weekend camping trip!!  Since we were last in a canavan of 4 vehicles the other three took off not realizing we were stuck.  After I got out of the truck in the pouring rain (in the only jacket I brought) and started digging under the back tire (so glad I threw in that shovel @ the last minute) it was evident to us that we were not going anywhere!!!!  As we were sitting there pondering what we should do another girl from the trip pulled up behind us.  We unloaded the horses and I walked them up the steep hill while another girl from our caravan came back down looking for us.  Luckily she had 4 wheel drive.  She pulled Ann's truck out and towed it to camp then came back down for the trailer.  After about an hour we finally got to camp and the rain let up and we were able to set everything up.  We had brought a tent but decided to stay in a pop up trailer with one of the other girls and I am soooo glad we did!  That night it rained so hard that I am positive we would have floated away in the night! Even with all the rain we had a great time! There ended up being 15 of us and I really enjoyed getting to know all the women.  I know how to camp but I learned a lot more that weekend!  I am really looking forward to the next trip!  


This is how the trip started out...


Had to stop on the side of the road so thought it looked like a good photo opp.


After our ordeal of getting to the camp site we got the horses on their pick lines.


My horse Ty, such a good boy!


Some of the other girls


Waiting to go so what better time to do a little work with Ty


 Hellloo there


Ann and Daisy (slow horse of the west...)


After Ann had a few drinks (or maybe her horse was just moving on her)


Besties on horsies


Donning on the rain gear


Just in time... If you look over my shoulder you can see the dark... it poured on us about 3 mins after this photo!!


Great camping trip!!

Comments

OH MY GOODNESS Shawna!! Holy guacamole! I'm glad everything turned out okay...those horses are gorgeous! Looks like you had a fab time.

xo, Heather

Popular posts from this blog

.......Shake N Bake........

Ultrasound Photo Updates

Almost a week...