Nap time

Many of you are mommies out there so I thought I would tap into your knowledge a little since I am a first timer....

What do you do when you have a baby that doesn't seem to want to take naps during the day?  Or if he does go down it is for a little 20 minute cat nap before he starts crying / screaming.  I seem to have a little bit better time but my poor husband is having a heck of a time.  We try leaving him in his crib but he will cry/scream for an hour and not give up.  The old saying they will cry themselves to sleep does not seem to work with our little guy.  We've talked and my husband is doing everything exactly like I do to put little Cole down but for some reason he just won't stay down long for him. 
Does anyone have any advice???

Comments

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time getting him to nap! CIO won't really work well until he's about 4-4.5 months old. I know he's very close to that age now, so hopefully you'll have better luck soon. Have you tried room darkening shades and white noise while he sleeps? I watch a 5 month old right now, and he is used to sleeping with his parents. It was really difficult getting him to nap, but I've found that he will if I turn on a fan! I hope he starts napping for you soon!
Ugh, I swear that sleeping is the hardest thing to deal with with a baby. Their schedules are constantly changing as they grow. The key things that I have learned in all my reading and research is...1) at his age, he really should only be awake 2-3 hours at a time. Try to get him to go to sleep before he gets overtired, if he's overtired he won't sleep. 2)Sleep begets sleep. It doesn't really make sense but it's true that the more they sleep, the more they sleep. 3) Ya, 4 months or so is the key time to do crying it out. He may be too young for it to work now but very soon I would try it again. I have some sample schedules that have really worked for us if you are interested!

Popular posts from this blog

Ultrasound Photo Updates

.......Shake N Bake........

Almost a week...