3 weeks already?!!

Wow so much has happened in the last 3 weeks! I have tried to post photos from home but something is wrong with our computer and it takes like over an hour so I came to work to do this. Lets go back to Monday morning November 8th.... I woke up to go to the bathroom (like I do most mornings around 4) and as soon as I walked through the bathroom door my water broke. Well I was pretty sure it did but having not discussed this with my doctor yet because I was not scheduled to deliver until Dec. 1st I wasn't positive. I wrapped myself up in a towel and went to wake up Wayne to ask him how you know if your water broke... His response was to immediately look at my side of the bed then say "well if you have to ask me it probably did"! We then called the doctor and slowly made our way to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital around 5ish (I had to finish packing my bag you know) and were taken in to a room right away. They checked me out and said "Yep you are ready and we are going to do a C-section at 6:00am" Wow talk about fast moving!! Skipping all the basic stuff at 6:34am our little girl Mckenzie Lynn was born! At 6:36am our little boy Cole Richard was born! I have to be honest and say that the drugs they gave me worked great except for one thing.... I don't remember most of that day!! Ugh!
Skipping ahead... they had me stay for 5 days since I had a c-section and a baby girl that was in the NICU. Each day they would bring Mckenzie in and she would stay with me all day then return to the NICU at night.
I know that some of you are wondering what happened... Here is Mckenzie's story. At 20 weeks Wayne and I were told that there was something wrong with baby A (at the time we did not know whether baby A was a boy or a girl although I guessed a girl) we went through a lot of tests over the next few months and were told that she had a lethal form of skeletal dysplasia. We were crushed! How could this be?!! How could I be carrying this sweet baby for 9 months only to have to give her up?!! Well with the help of friends and family and God we came to terms with what was going to happen and decided to love her the best we could with whatever time we had with her. Mckenzie did wonderful in the hospital and the first few days at home, but 2 weeks ago today on Tuesday Nov. 16th she decided it was time to leave us... Loosing her was the hardest thing I've ever gone through! But I know that I will see her again! :)
I've included some of my favorite photos of her and Cole. Our wonderful friend Bri took them for us. Bri did the most amazing thing for us and documented Mckenzie's short life so that we would always have her with us. Thank you so much Bri!!
Without further adue...
Mckenzie Lynn Melton




Cole Richard Melton









Comments

I have been praying for you and your family. I was so sad to hear about your loss. The pictures of Mckenzie and Cole are stunning!
Ashley said…
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! Your family is in my prayers. I agree, the pictures are just beautiful!!
Amazing and touching story, thank you for sharing! We love you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Ultrasound Photo Updates

.......Shake N Bake........

Almost a week...