From bad to really really good!!!

I will start out by saying this is a little bit of a long post...
So last Friday night was an odd night.... I started out by going to dinner with my mom and John so that didn't put me home until about 7ish. I always know that if I am past 5:30-6:00 I could possibly walk into a mess since it is getting harder for Neon to hold going to the bathroom. So when I got home I was so happy to see that he was still sleeping soundly on the hallway floor. I immediately got him up and took him outside where he proceeded to pee on the rug right outside the back door (guess he held it as long as he could). So, being pregnant and not really thinking very well I immediately thought I have to get the watering can from under the sink to wash off the rug before it is ruined!!! (as I realized later I could use the hose that is right next to the door!) Anyway... as I went into the kitchen (which most of you know is a few steps from the back door) I saw Chloe our other dog go flying past the door!! I thought to myself "what in the world is she doing!" so I glanced out the door and there was no Neon... I looked further and noticed waves in the pool!!!! My thoughts... Oh my gosh he is going to drowned! (A few months ago he fell into my mom's pool and sunk!) So I went running out the door as fast as my big body would go and there I see him just slowly paddling around in circles enjoying the pool. How he could be enjoying it was beyond me as it was freezing! I stood there in a panic trying to figure out how in the world I was going to get him out... You can't really call him since he is deaf and I can't give him hand motions since he is blind... I just had to wait until he came close to the edge and I grabbed his collar and directed him to the steps. However, once there I didn't know how to get him out! I had the hardest time because I couldn't bend over very easily to try to pull him out (later is was suggested to me that I should have jumped in! Are you kidding it was freezing water!!!) Anyway after about 10-15 minutes of struggling, with Chloe getting in the way and me having to stop several times from pains in my side, I got him out! He promptly collapsed on the pool deck and decided to stay there for a while which was fine with me because I needed time to sit down and calm my beating heart too. All I could think was... Why couldn't this have happened when Wayne was home?! So that is how my evening was going until................

I got a call from my good friend Ann. I know you are thinking get on with it this post is taking forever.... Well I need to back up a little. About 3 weeks ago I received an email from my old Guide Dogs for the Blind leader (who is now involved with an organization called CCI) she was letting me know that they were holding their annual raffle to raise money to help with raising more puppies. Since I had hooked Ann up with them years ago and she raised a dog I called her and asked if she would like to buy some tickets with me. She said sure! So the 2 of us pulled together and bought some tickets and decided that we would share the prize. Well I had since forgotten all about this... pregnancy memory loss I guess. Anyway she called me Friday night to tell me that WE WON!!!!! We are so excited!!! So my Friday night was instantly better!!!

Here is what we won....


6 nights, 7 days in BELIZE!!!!!!


Can you believe it! We are able to go anytime between now and next September. So we have decided to wait until the twins are born and about 5-6 months old before we go.
I am just so excited that I had to share it with everyone!!!

Comments

WHAAAATTTTT????? I never hear of people I know winning something like that!!! Congrats!!! (so jealous!)
Wayne & Shawna said…
I know right!! I think God knows that we will probably need a bit of a break by then! :)
Oh, wow!!! Now that's a fantastic prize to win! I'm so happy for you!
Also-I'm glad your fur baby is okay!

Popular posts from this blog

Ultrasound Photo Updates

Almost a week...

.......Shake N Bake........