Another year older...

Neon's first Guide dog photo

It's hard for me to believe that my little Neon doggie is 12 years old tomorrow! It seems like just yesterday I got the call that my little bundle of fur was ready to pick up! I remember going to my first Guide Dog meeting to pick him up on the 21st of December (my best Christmas gift!!) That next year and a half we were inseparable! He joined me for all of my college classes, movie outings, even a blind date (pretty ironic considering he was my seeing eye dog! lol) Giving him up was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do... However as I was working one day I received a call that he was going to be dropped from the program due to a medical condition (which I totally think he faked just to come home to me because he has never showed signs of the condition) and I was asked if I had an interest in taking him back... hmmm let me think for a minute... Uhhh yea I'll take him back I said! And the rest is history.... He is the best dog ever! Yes he can be a little stubborn at times, but all his other traits far out number that. He has been a wonderful companion, guard dog (as much as a Golden can be) and the biggest jokester in his younger years

Neon the silly dog

.... now that he is turning 12 he is living the slower life.... days filled with sleeping and awaiting that next meal! LOL So happy 12th birthday to my first baby, I hope that we have many more years with you!

Neon now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultrasound Photo Updates

Almost a week...

.......Shake N Bake........