He was to young

As I write this my heart has a emptiness and very deep sadness to it. Kota my little baby has passed away. I know that a lot of people never got to see Kota for who he really was because he was so scared of people in general that he would hide whenever anyone came over, but for me he was one of the best cats I have ever had. We joked that he was the demon cat because he was so fierce and feisty as a kitten (having bitten through Ann's palm the day we got him) but with me & only me he was the sweetest, most cuddly cat ever!! Kota was a talker with me, he would talk to me the minute I got up in the morning until I went to bed at night. He was my shadow... I could not go anywhere (even the bathroom) without him wanting to be next to me talking. He always had a lot to say! One of the other things that I absolutely loved about him was that he always wanted me to hold or cuddle with him. He would voice this loudly until I would pick him up and hold him on my hip like a baby, he was always very good about becoming quiet as long as I held him. Every morning he would stand on his hind legs and stretch up and want to be picked up. Every evening he would sit on my chest as I watched TV with one paw on each side of my neck and his head nuzzled under my chin (this was his favorite place in the whole world). I loved him so much for that because he always made me feel like I was his mommy! I will miss Kota with all my heart and I can only hope that when it is time for me to find another kitten I will be so lucky as to find another diamond in the rough like my baby Kota!

Goodbye my little Kotababee!

Comments

Tamara said…
So sorry Shaw. I know how much your animals mean to you... he looked so sweet. (((HUGS)))
Ron said…
Hey Shawna...I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Kota. Losing animals are always tough (I have been through losing 3 cats in my lifetime) and I dread the day we lose Bella. They become such close companions and it's hard to picture them not being around. Be happy about the fact that you gave Kota a great life while he was with you. I guess as pet owners that's always the best we can do. Take care!
Bri and John said…
Shawna, I am so sorry! You are such a kind, compassionate, animal lover- and I know how hard it is to lose a pet. John and I were devastated when we lost Stuart. Animals bring us so much joy, but its always a sad day when we have to say good-bye! Live you! XOXO
Alissa Mott said…
This post just makes me SO sad, with going through what we just went through with Hershey, it breaks my heart to read about your baby kitty... I am so sorry :( They become your BEST friends..and love you no matter what. The day I lose Hershey, will be one of the worst for me, as she is my baby for now. Again, I am so sorry, and look up to you for being strong and taking care of all of your other animals the way you do :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ultrasound Photo Updates

.......Shake N Bake........

Almost a week...